Friday, March 10, 2006

smile



i am so happy with the way my crit went, i felt like i did my work justice because i planned what to say and present etc., so all the questions/comments etc, were really relevant and helpful. I need to have a big think about it all before i decide on the next step, but i think the crit came at exactly the right time. Apart from everything else, i find the pressure of the crit is great for forcing you to get your thoughts in order about your work.

Things that were discussed:
Possibility of recreating the model as a virtual space
Am I really looking at 'space' (i.e. is this my 'medium') or am i using it as a safety blanket because I find it easy to understand/talk about?
Building models and fantasies as a method of control/empowerment
'Sims' and chatbots
The insularity of working at the hypersurface, is this interaction with the virtual something that can happen in anything other than an intimate environment - i.e. one person and their computer/imagination.
Why I don't perform myself...
Alter-egos, role-play and disguises
fantasy and fairytale - how important is this to my work?
Possibility of making a 'model' of my mind-space, in terms of rooms and furniture - let people in!
Dystopia and Utopia

Am really excited to get on with it now.

No comments: