Friday, March 17, 2006

look at me

oooh check me out, posting two days in a row.

spent the afternoon helping lushan with her workshop. whilst i am perfectly happy to do this, i am slightly confused about the what the workshops are really all about. Are they supposed to be a showcase of our individual work or a learning experience for the group? If its the former, then lushan's is very successful, we had a lot of fun rehearsing it with her and i think it will be great when it all comes together tomorrow night. However, I thought that Kirstie's was more what I was expecting, as it gave me an opportunity to learn something myself, whilst also getting to understand more about her project. What a pity Doug wasnt able to attend it.

anyway, this evening i went to the drawing show at Trinity Buoy Wharf with Karen. Was really just interested in one person's work
(although it was all great - always love Doris and Mat Cahill's stuff)- Emily Speed, who was in my crit with me . Our work seems to have so much in common it almost seems silly we are not working together. So we are - as of tonight. Hooray. we are putting together a proposal for the centre for drawing (next deadline is in may), so we will hopefully have some time there next term. Doug was keen i did a bit more of this collaborating business, so i am. can't wait. watch this space.

sorry no pics this time.

No comments: