Wednesday, November 16, 2005

pcs vs. macs and other conflicts

i have finally found an advantage to having a PC - I can't seem to edit the font or colour of the text in my blog on a mac. i'm sure there is a way, but don't tell me, this is the first time i have actually been happy to have a PC since giving up the i-mac i had at work in august. i have been pining ever since.

the collaborative project finally seems to be moving, although I am still not sure where to exactly! I am concerned about time and feel like i have so much on my plate at the moment, but i can't afford to drop anything. i feel a bit like whilst i'm getting everything done, i am not giving myself time to enjoy it. why is london so expensive?!

i have to do some reading, theory is my thing, my strong point, and i haven't really got into it much so far. I have started reading the Merleaux Ponty text on phenomenology, which is really heavy, but it's good to feel those cogs whirring in my brain! when we get into our individual projects i think i need to really focus on applying this academic stuff to my work as i still feel like the two things are a bit detached. I love the way diana is working between the two and plan to follow her example!

No comments: