Monday, February 06, 2006

nearly nearly

i am still feeling a little bit frustrated, but i think i have almost broken through it. I have started to construct a language for a kind of online performance, in the forum I mentioned last time. Unfortunately I used so many links that the administrators closed down the thread (conversation) I was 'performing' in. Obviously that made me really popular with the other people using the same thread. But, fortunately, I printed out my performance before that happened (and some of the reactions to it). I even have an online admirer! But I decided to take a break from that forum, partly because I have a life and these things take serious time commitment and partly because they were threatening security checks on all new members after the 1st thread got closed down - i don't want these strange people knowing my true identity!

So now I am starting to bring these experiences into real space and time. First I am trying to construct my own 3d mind-map of the 'kingdom of the candles' and the events that happened there. Second, I am going to reconstruct some of these events in the 'real world'. I am hoping to be able to create something which I can look at as a finished piece quite soon, so that I can move on - I feel I need to do this but i know that the concept is only at an intermediary stage, so i want to get it done a.s.a.p.

Am feeling very refreshed after spending the weekend in Spain with my brother and am keen to get on. Am just a bit annoyed to find so many interesting things on our schedule over the next couple of weeks when I am working, I suppose that was inevitable. I have to be quite restrained, as I now have so many things on the boil, each of which could take up 7 days a week if I let them.

No comments: