Monday, December 12, 2005

jingle bells jingle bells...
the performance is on friday
oh what fun it will be when its done
and we go home on holiday, hey!

feeling poetic today, it comes to me occasionally when i'm feeling pleased with myself - which i am because i just finished my soundtrack.

I thought it would be helpful if i outlined what is happening on my route on friday. Hope everyone else can blog theirs too, so we are all in the know.

1. Meeting point is black telephone box outside moorgate station, with chris inside it!
2. Performance begins when chris (tesman) receives a phonecall - we can assume from Brack - summoning him to the T-Bar
3. Chris leaves phone box in panic, tieing his tie over and over again as he can't get it right
4. As he goes through the route he takes photos on a digital camera, this idea came from chris' interpretation of tesman, he described him as desperate to achieve his 'potential', constantly working and trying to absorb/record information in order to finally become the genius he thinks is lurking inside himself somewhere, but never achieving this - in part because he is trying too hard.
5. At a point on the route where the commercial area abruptly ends and we find ourselves in the arty/crumbly area of shoreditch, chris finds the first page of lovborg's manuscript, unbuttons his jacket and hides it in an inside pocket then rebuttons his jacket. throughout the rest of the route, he keeps finding more pages and hiding them in his jacket, rebuttoning his jacket in a different way each time. The actions become more manic as he gets closer to his destination
6. On reaching the T-Bar he checks the manuscript is hidden, takes a deep breath and enters the bar

I am quite looking forward to friday now, the actors are all great and seem to be responding really well to the information we have given them.

I have got some books out for my independent project about internet art etc. I am so excited about this now, I really feel that using the internet as my 'site' is a perfect way of examining all the theoretical issues I have been looking at, to do with performativity and image consumption etc.

No comments: