Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Just to clarify, a response to rich's comment:

Hi rich, just read your comment on my blog – then re-read my blog.
I realised it sounded like I was complaining about your ‘puppet show’, which I didn‘t intend at all. Just wanted you to know that! In actual fact I found it fascinating how much everyone got into it, and was particularly intrigued by the interaction with the model, which I had only thought of as a stationary thing previously. Even though this playful interaction made me feel really quite awkward at the moment when it came up against a painful memory, I think this was possibly the most valuable moment of the whole workshop because it was the point where the personal element was exposed for me.
If the whole experience had been really easy and fun for me I wouldn’t have got anything out of it and I am thrilled (and a little bemused!) by the fact that everyone else found their own way-in to the project as well!
I think I’ll stick this on my blog to clarify things
See you thursday
cherry

2 comments:

Rich said...

Hey Cherry,

Thank you for the reply, I didn't think you meant that and I’m glad the workshop unearthed some questions. A more interactive shared experience seems to fit with the themes you deal with. How about inviting strangers to participate bring them together like passengers on a carriage, that is always something that strikes me about public journeys the random meeting of a group of people who only share the common aim of reaching a certain destination. It becomes interesting when they are presented collectively with a problem, that’s where the drama exists. I think of extremes like the film United 93 (I know it’s a plane!) or could be something simple like a lost child. Anyway just a few thoughts, see you tomorrow.

cherrydoesliveart said...

mmm... nice,
so much to think about
cherry