Friday, October 27, 2006

trains trains trains

its been a long time since i blogged, so lots to catch up on...

well, i've booked the film and video room for a workshop on 16th november. i was putting it off but finally thought of a way of progressing my work that i could actually achieve in the time and space available. i'm getting increasingly frustrated at my own inability to perform in my own work and the limitations that puts on what i can actually do, but on the other hand i don't want it to become too 'theatre'. I know it must seem strange to those who do perform, but really it is an inability - i was shy as a child and its taken twenty years to get over that in social situations, i don't really have that kind of time here!

so what am i doing? well, i've become really interested in the way i produce work and the people who influence me, as well as the subject matter/site of the work itself, so i'm going to produce a sort of drawing which will be an amalgamation of visual information about the site and stories and memories about train journeys which i have been collecting. I want the whole thing to be directed or curated by another person (hopefully an actor doug knows, who - like my dead person on the train - is an elderly gentleman).

i don't want to say any more because i am looking forward to getting everyone's reactions and don't want to prejudice them too much!

work sucks, i am trying to plan the most efficient route for my final escape from architecture. if only there wasn't that horrid issue of money...!

looking forward to having simon vicenzi as my tutor, he came to talk to us last year and his work really struck a chord with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how's your tutorial today?

If you need any help on 16 Nov, just tell me, would like to help.

:)